Saturday, October 30, 2010

7 Months

I can't believe how fast the last sevon months have gone. As soon as Christmas is over I will be planning his 1st birthday! I will catch myself starring at him in disbelief that he is mine, he is a part of me! He truly gives me goose pimples.

He is such a people person and a flirt! At church, we sit in the very back pew and he loves to watch the people come in. He's becoming such an attraction. The older ladies just adore him. He is more and more eager to communicate with strangers. I will see him smiling at people when were out and about. He is also fascinated with his reflection and games like peek-a-boo, where people or his favorite toy disappear and reappear. He is growing stronger each week. I can see evidence of this not only in his crawling, but when I attempt to do something he is opposed to, like putting him in his car seat, changing his diaper or putting on his clothes. Lately, it has taken Jeff and me to change his dipper and put clothes on. He has become the wiggle worm. I also notice that he is becoming more emotionally in touch with the people around him; laughing when other people laugh. His laugh is just greatness!

Landon is eating well. He's at four 8 oz bottles a day and he's eating baby food at lunch and dinner. He hasn't gained much weight and his pediatrician won't show concern until 9 months. He is sitting up by himself and army crawling. If Landon could have it is his way he'd rather be walking than crawling. He has strong legs and is grabbing everything in sight. Forget playing with toys he'd rather play with the tag on his stuffed giraffe and play mat.

He hasn't had any relief from being sick. His pediatrician and pulmonary specialist say that he probably has asthma (since I had it and it is hereditary) and allergies. He is too young to have allergies but there are many irritants that could be bothering him. The pediatrician recommended we take him out of day school to build his immune system and to try and eliminate what is making him sick. I kept him out for about 3 weeks but I was unable to find a nanny. So unfortunately I had to put him back in day school and 2 days later Landon came down with a virus and still hasn't been able to shake it. His current medications are Advair puffer, Xopenex puffer, Zopenex nebulizer solution and Zyrtec. Hopefully we can get this under control before the winter months come.

No comments:

Post a Comment