From Jeff's neck surgery in January, months went by and he wasn't feeling any better. Something was not right. He went for a second opinion and much to our surprise, there were mistakes found from the previous surgery and Jeff needed to undergo a 3rd surgery, posterior cervical fusion laminectomy, which was scheduled for July 11, 2013. So here we are in pre-op, around 2:15 pm, Jeff is wheeled off to get prepped for surgery. The nursing staff informed me they would call me every hour to keep me updated. Grandpa is with me and we decided to go down the street for lunch. During lunch, my phone rings and I'm thinking it's the nurse. Well, it's the surgeon. He has some not so good news. He explains to me that by looking at the x-rays there are more problems than anticipated. The initial work to be done was on C6 and C7. They now have to go in and repair C4 and C5, which these are the disks that he had surgery on in January. Apparently, the fusions has not healed due to them not being fused properly. I'm crying as I can not believe this is happening! I give my consent and pray that this is a success! The procedure took 2 1/2 hours and all went well! Jeff has a long road ahead of him with 3 months to recover and physically therapy. The kids and I are ready to have him back!
"Before"
"After"



No comments:
Post a Comment