Friday, September 28, 2012

Introducing Madelyn Ann

Jeff and I took Landon out to eat a couple of days before baby sister arrived. This would be the last time of it being just the three of us. A few weeks before delivery we had the name Ryann picked out. We both were on the fence with the name so at dinner I had a list of names written out on a piece of paper and told Jeff to circle one and that would be it. End of discussion. The name picked was Madelyn Ann. Jeff's middle name is Madison and Madelyn is the girl version of Madison. I wanted the middle name to be Ann as this was my grandmother’s middle name as well as mine. She will go by Maddie for short.

I was scheduled for a C-section Friday morning on Sept. 28th so my Mom and Dad were kind enough to keep Landon during my stay in the hospital. Jeff and I arrived at Labor and Delivery around 8:15 Friday morning. I asked my sister Melissa if she would like to take pictures during the surgery and her immediate response was yes! She was super excited. About 10:15 the nurses rolled me into surgery to get prepped and then Jeff and Melissa came in soon thereafter. I was given a combined spinal-epidural anesthesia. Within minutes of receiving the drugs I encountered a really bad headache and was nauseous. Soon after I felt like I couldn't swallow, like my throat was closing in. The anesthesiologist told me everything was fine and suctioned my mouth. Then I started panicking because I was having a hard time breathing. My chest felt like it was closing in so I was then given oxygen. After all that Madelyn made her entrance into the world kicking and screaming at exactly 11:00 am, weighting 8 pounds and 19 1/2 inches long. I was then rolled into recovery with my head still pounding and totally out of it. We were finally moved to a room at 2 pm and I was able to see Madelyn for the first time at around 2:30. She is another blessing!








No comments:

Post a Comment